Install from source
Installing svtplay-dl from source is pretty simple. Follow the instuctions for your OS.
For Linux, BSD, macOS
# First clone the repository: git clone https://github.com/spaam/svtplay-dl.git # To install svtplay-dl, navigate to the directory where you cloned the source and run: make sudo make install # to test the installation svtplay-dl --version
If you are using bash on Windows or Debian / Ubuntu, install build-essentials first:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
svtplay-dl requires the following additional tools and libraries. They are usually available from your distribution’s package repositories. If you don’t have them, some features will not be working.
- Python 3.4 or higher
pip3 install requests
- RTMPDump 2.4 or higher to download RTMP streams.
- cryptography to download encrypted HLS streams.
pip3 install cryptography
- PyYaml for configure file.
pip3 install pyyaml
- PySocks to enable proxy support.
pip3 install pysocks
- ffmpeg or avconv for postprocessing and/or for DASH streams
- Install cx_freeze
- Clone the repository https://github.com/spaam/svtplay-dl.git
- cd path\to\svtplay-dl && mkdir build
- python3 setversion.py # this will change the version string to a more useful one
- python3 %PYTHON%\Scripts\cxfreeze –include-modules=queue,idna.idnadata –target-dir=build bin/svtplay-dl
- Find binary in build folder. you need svtplay-dl.exe and pythonXX.dll from that folder to run svtplay-dl.exe